Student research paper on Best Practices in Second Life, response appreciated

Sheehy, Peg psheehy at
Mon Nov 21 06:57:14 PST 2005

Hi Angel - I am pleased to welcome you into SL Educators!  I am also in
the research stages of ed in SL - for Middle School.  I will be happy to
forward any info I have and hope that you will share responses that are
off list with me as well.  In the mean time, I found this very helpful:

Also - the wiki is great:

Good luck, have fun and stay in touch,

Peggy Sheehy

Maggie Marat (SL)

From: educators-bounces at
[mailto:educators-bounces at] On Behalf Of Angel Inokon
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 12:25 AM
To: educators at
Subject: Student research paper on Best Practices in Second Life,
response appreciated

My name is Angel Inokon, I am a masters student at Stanford in
Educational Technology. Robin just added me to the list Thursday. I've
got a hot project to understand educational uses in Second Life for a
school paper. It's titled, "So you wanna teach in Second Life? 10 Tips
to Get Sarted" I'm so passionate about Second Life, I want to understand
how best to use it for learning. I'm hoping you can give me some

My specific questions:

1.Do you have a tip or best practice on teaching in Second Life - e.g
classroom management, technology, curriculum design/integration, gaining
institutional approval, getting started, or land aquisition?

2.Can I take an in-world tour of your solution in Second Life?

If you are able to provide a couple sentences or a tour please respond
by November 28th.

I will send a followup note next week.

I appreciate you. Thank you for your help.

Have a great weekend,

Angel Inokon

Educational Gaming, Masters Student

Learning Design and Technology